Automatic indexing of video documents
Transition detection algorithm
The proposed algorithm for the transition detection works on
non-compresssed color images, as input format. The succession of the
different algorithm steps, summarized in the figure below, is the following :
- Splitting of each sequence image into blocks.
- Local calculation of the distance criterion in the RGB space
between two corresponding blocks in two successive images.
- Building of a grey level mask (each grey level corresponding to a criterion local value).
- Computation of the volume of the mask image.
- Construction of the volume temporal evolution curve of the mask.
- Morphological filtering by a top hat transform of the evolution curve.
- Comparison, for each pair of images, of the filtered criterion value with a global threshold defined by the user.
|Fig.1 : Successive steps of the algorithm.|
All the original images in this page come from TV newscasts of the
french TV channels TF1, FR3, A2 or M6 and are therefore
copyrighted by these channels. All other images or photos are copyrighted by the CMM. These documents are protected by the law on the author rights, each non-authorized copy or use is therefore strickly forbidden.
Last update : 31 - 05 - 99