24, rue de la Barre
+33 9 53 83 70 67 (home)
Born on the 25th of May 1978 in Slatina (Romania)
Education & Training
2006: Ph.D. in Image Processing, Paris School of Mines
- Centre of Mathematical Morphology;
2002: M.Sc. (Diplôme d'Études Approfondies), INSA de Lyon
- Images & Systems title;
2002: B.Sc. in Engineering, INSA de Lyon
- Electrical Engineering department (Automatics, Computer Science, Electronics, Electrotechnics, Telecommunications);
- Image & Signal Processing section (final year);
1999: 1st engineering cycle, INSA de Lyon
- European section, Eurinsa;
1997: High-school graduate (Romania)
- computer science section;
- member of the national team for the international physics olympiad.
07/2006 - current: Project Team Leader
Actaris Metering Systems, Water & Heat R&D, Macon, France
- Ultrasonic flow-meters development for domestic applications.
10/2002 - 06/2006: Research Engineer - Ph.D.
Centre de Morphologie Mathématique, Ecole des Mines de Paris, France
- Friction loss (fuel consumption) reduction in combustion engines via liner surface topography optimisation. ADEME project (in collaboration with PSA, Renault, Total, JPX and ENSMM Besançon).
10/2001 - 09/2002: Image processing internship
Creatis, INSA de Lyon, France
- Multiresolution image segmentation (GenSeg project).
07/2001 - 09/2001: IT department short-term position
Centre Léon - Bérard, Lyon, France
- Database update and transfer software development.
09/2000 - 02/2001: Signal processing internship
CTS R&D/SYS Electronique, Faurecia (automotive equipment), Audincourt, France
- Integrate acoustic signatures on an ANC (Active Noise Control) prototype for exhaust systems.
Romanian, French, English, Italian
programming: C/C++, Visual Basic, Delphi, Python, Tcl, Html, Grafcet;
software: Matlab/Simulink, LabView, Mathematica, R, Vtk, Fluent, WinCvs, Code Composer;
database: MS FoxPro, MS Access, 4D, SQL.
Interests & Activities
Lecture, music, photography and cinema.
I like particularly socio-economic topics, jazz and Italian cinema.
Sports: soccer, tennis, swimming, hiking.