This project aims to develop a production and exploitation platform, by allowing the definition and visualization of synthetic urban environments. The platform aims to increase the productivity and the realism of urban modeling.Donwload a brief description
PhD thesis (in french). CMM addressed two topics in TerraNumerica project:
Facade modeling is carried throughout a building scope. However, during image acquisition, several buildings appear in the same image. We propose an automatic method to separate different facades contained in the image. Then, we focus on semantic extraction from the facade. It consists in segmenting it by floors, windows, balconies... to provide a realistic facade model.
Segmentation of Building Facade
- J. Hernández and B. Marcotegui. Morphological Segmentation of Building Facade Images. ICIP09 - IEEE International Conference on Image Processing 2009. Cairo, Egypt. paper.
- A. Serna, J. Hernández and B. Marcotegui. Adaptive Parameter Tuning For Morphological Segmentation of Building Facade Images. Proceeding of 20th European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO 2012), August 27-31 2012, Bucharest, Romania. pp. 2268-2272. paper. poster.
In urban modeling, it is necessary to introduce some elements as street furniture and pavement. We present tools for detection and classification of 3D objects. These tools allow: 1- filtering out of data in order to facilitate modeling process and 2- Re-introduction of some elements (lampposts, sign boards, bus stop, etc), improving visual realism in modeled scene. We also propose an automatic method for pavement segmentation.
- J. Hernández and B. Marcotegui. Filtering of Artifacts and Pavement Segmentation from Mobile LiDAR Data. LaserScanning'09, Paris, France. September 2009. paper.
- J. Hernández and B. Marcotegui. Point Cloud Segmentation towards Urban Ground Modeling. URBAN'09, 5th GRSS/ISPRS Joint workshop on remote sensing and data fusion over urban areas, Shangai, China. May 2009. paper.
- J. Hernández and B. Marcotegui. Segmentation et Interprétation des Nuages de Points pour la Modélisation d'Environnements Urbain. Colloque Techniques laser pour l'etude des environnements naturels et urbains, Janvier 20 -21,2009, Mans, France. paper.
- J. Hernández and B. Marcotegui. Segmentation et Interprétation des Nuages de Points pour la Modélisation d'Environnements Urbain. Revue française de Photogrammétrie et de Télédétection. n.191. mai 2010. pp. 28-35. paper.